For over a decade, marketers have allocated a majority of their media budgets to search and social media platforms. Doing so, they have exhausted their target reach and revenue potential of these platforms. And despite continuous optimization advertisers have not been able to scale the campaigns beyond a certain point to get incremental gains for their business.
Successful marketers know that if they want their businesses to grow exponentially, they must find ways to reach new customers on the right platforms, at the right time. They must diversify their marketing mix and identify alternate channels where their target audience is more engaged, for their campaigns to be most impactful. Smart brands need to integrate these additional channels for a holistic paid media strategy rather than limiting the spending to search and social media.
Why should brands look at OEMs for advertising?
There are over 3.6 bn global active smartphone users in the world today . Users buying mobile phones across the year have surged dramatically. As the mobile buyers increased, so did their preferences, leading to a rise in the number of handset manufacturing companies. Currently, there are over 200 different mobile handset manufacturers (OEMs) with new brands getting added to the mix every year .
These numbers are expected to grow bigger and bigger as more consumers go mobile. This provides an opportunity for brands to connect directly with this active audience through their smartphones to:
- Extend their reach – Majority of brands are focusing their advertising budgets on search and social media platforms. This means that brands are missing out on a huge chunk of these active mobile users engaging regularly with OEM-specific browsers, apps, app stores, lock screens, minus 1 screen, plus 1 screen, keyboards, etc. Advertising directly through OEMs will provide brands an additional reach to these millions of active mobile users.
- Reduce competition & cost of user acquisition: For advertisers, user acquisition can be a challenge. Every year, it becomes more and more difficult as the competition intensifies, and advertisers battle for visibility in this crowded search and social media marketplace resulting in low ROIs.
- Engage with users at multiple touchpoints – An average adult spends 3 hours and 15 minutes on the phone on a daily basis . This time is significantly spent on calls, chats, apps, browsers, videos, notifications, app stores, search engines, etc. Brands reaching out to users at multiple touchpoints throughout their daily mobile usage are more likely to be selected.
- Create immersive user experiences – From the first time the device is switched on to the entire user device journey, advertisers have the opportunity to create immersive experiences targeting high intent users at multiple touchpoints. For example, by placing an innovative ad unit on the device start-up page suggesting apps to download or on the mobile-specific browsers, advertisers can become a part of the user journey even before they set up their phones or start searching online.
- Opportunities for media innovation – Leveraging excellent partnerships with top OEMs provide a window of opportunity for unique placements and ad formats on devices. Brands can capture new users or re-engage with the existing ones to achieve their performance marketing goals.
VEVE is an effective performance marketing platform that transforms OEMs, browsers, and telcos into powerful advertising tools. We help brands reach 500+MN untapped mobile user base through our direct relationships with top OEMs. Our innovative ad formats, media placements, and customization opportunities empower brands to target the right audience at multiple touchpoints throughout their device journey. VEVE helps brands drive customer acquisitions, sales, website visits, and engagements to achieve their advertising goals.
Or write to us at email@example.com to know more about our mobile advertising solutions.